FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FIND QUICK ANSWERS TO THE MOST COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long will it take for my web hosting account to be set up?
All web hosting accounts are activated instantly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You will receive your Welcome Email within seconds of your account being purchased.
How can I pay for my web hosting?
We accept direct debit, MasterCard, Visa, Maestro (Switch), Solo, Visa Electron, and Visa Delta. We do not accept cheque, postal orders, standing orders, or cash.
Can I have a free trial of a web hosting account?
All our web hosting accounts come with a no-fuss 30-day money-back guarantee. If you do not like your account, simply let us know through our Customer Services team. This offer excludes any domain name fees.
How to creating an e-mail alias / forwarder
To create an e-mail address that simply points to another address (a forwarder), follow the steps below:
- In cPanel, click Forwarders
- Click Add Forwarder
- In Address To Forward, enter the address you want to forward from. There is no need to enter the domain for the address (e.g. email@example.com would simply be enquiries)
- Select the Domain from the drop-down list if not already selected
- Select Forward to e-mail address, then enter the full e-mail address to forward to (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click the Add Forwarder button to complete the process
Your forwarder will be created.
How to change your e-mail account password
A secure password is one that contains no dictionary words and includes upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols.
To change the password:
- Click Change Password next to the appropriate email account.
- Type your new password into the Password box.
- Confirm your new password in the Password (again) box.
- You can click the Password Generator link to have a strong password generated for you.
- Click Change Password to store the new password.
- If you do not wish to change the password, click cancel.
Is Smart Hosting suitable for WordPress?
Our Unlimited Web Hosting service is ideal for building websites using the WordPress content management system. In fact, our service is optimised for it and you will find that your WordPress site performs exceptionally at all times.
You can easily install the latest version of WordPress onto your hosting account from the Softaculous library, or by uploading a WordPress installation into your public_html folder via FTP. Further information on WordPress can be found here.
How long will it take for my new domain name to become active for my hosting package?
Domains are registered as soon as you order them, but it can take between 24 and 72 hours for the DNS entries to propagate fully throughout the Internet and for the site to be visible through that domain name.
Do I get an invoice?
Every time you purchase a product from us, you will receive an invoice in your email. You can also view and print all your invoices in your Heart Internet Customer Area.
How to setting up your mail client with e-mail
Alongside WebMail you can setup your e-mail accounts using our Web Hosting and Reseller Hosting service with any e-mail client that supports POP3 or IMAP.
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft LIVE Mail
- Outlook Express
- Mac Mail
- Any POP3 / IMAP capable phone
We provide a quick and easy auto-setup process to add your e-mail account to your mail client. To do this:
- Log into the cPanel account for the domain you want to set up
- Click Accounts (called Email Accounts on the old x3 cPanel theme)
- Locate the e-mail account you want to use (or add it if has not been set up)
- Click the More drop-down button next to the account
- Select Configure Mail Client.
Clicking this option will show you your POP3 / IMAP details, including your hostname, username, port and password.
You also have the option to download an auto-configure script which should set up your new e-mail account in your mail client for you without the need to manually enter any details.
If your mail client is not listed, you can still manually setup the e-mail account using the detail provided.
Please note that some providers (EE, Orange, BT and TalkTalk) block access to port 25 for sending email. If you are having difficulty sending e-mail, but can receive it, please use port 25025 in your mail client configuration.
How can I access webmail
You can access webmail for your domain simply by adding /webmail after your domain name. For instance, mydomain.com/webmail
You can then log in using an e-mail address and password set up in your cPanel.
What is the default Nameservers
Our default nameservers for all our hosting packages is “ns1.mediaworkx.host and ns2.mediawork.host”.
You will also find them listed on your welcome e-mail.